270 Washington Street, SW, 8th Floor
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Office: (404) 656-7914
Fax: (770) 344-3547
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday - Friday
For More Information Email:
The Office of Planning and Budget (OPB) is the State’s central budget office and acts as the fiscal arm of the Governor. Located one block from the State Capitol, in Atlanta, GA, OPB is a small agency of fewer than 60 professional and administrative staff that review and develop recommendations for the Governor on State agencies’ and authorities’ fiscal needs and prepares the Governor’s Annual Budget Report. The staff also:
- Implement state-wide policies and procedures
- Implement the state appropriations bill as passed by the General Assembly
- Monitor state and federal legislative policies and fiscal activities for potential impact
This office also recruits for the following agencies:
- Office Of The State Inspector General
- Office Of Homeland Security
- Georgia Emergency Management Agency
- Commission On Equal Opportunity
- Office Of The Child Advocate
- Professional Standards Commission
- Office Of Student Achievement
- Governor's Office For Children And Families
- Office Of Disabilities Services Ombudsman
- Governor's Office Of Consumer Protection
An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, OPB shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, political opinions or affiliations, age, disability, genetic information, gender, pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions, military or veterans status or other status protected by federal or state law or regulations.
E-Verify - Employment Eligibility Verification
The Office of Planning and Budget is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify, and uses such program to verify employment eligibility of all employees hired on or after July 1, 2007.
Federally-Issued User ID #: 46231
Date of Authorization: 07-11-2007
The OPB Personnel Office continuously accepts applications and resumes from qualified candidates for Policy Analyst jobs in our Budget Divisions:
- Capital Budgeting Unit
- Education Division
- Executive Office
- General Government Division
- Health and Human Services Division
- Physical and Economic Development Division
- Planning and Evaluation Unit
- Public Safety Division
Applications are held on file for one year from the date of receipt. Applicants on this list will be notified when we activate a recruitment to fill a vacancy.
OPB does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications for any other jobs.
Specific job openings for Policy Analyst and other vacancies in OPB will be posted to the State of Georgia recruitment website: Careers.ga.gov. This site includes opportunities at other state agencies throughout Georgia. You may call (404) 656-7914 to get information about opportunities at OPB.