Governor's Office of Planning and Budget
The Governor's Office of Planning and Budget (OPB) supports the state by producing short- and long-term financial analyses, running budget development, and overseeing fiscal controls.
OPB exists to serve the Governor and the state in five primary ways:
- Work with the Governor each year to develop a budget recommendation for the upcoming and amended fiscal years that is based on agency requests and that will be presented to the General Assembly
- Provide research and analysis to the Governor’s Office and other state agencies related to budgetary items as well as to produce an efficient and effective state government
- Review the agencies’ annual operating budgets to ensure that spending plans comply with the approved appropriations act, sound fiscal stewardship, and the Governor’s goals
- Develop the state’s strategic plan, outlining the Governor’s vision for the state and how agencies can best support that vision
- Supply official demographic and statistical data about the state of Georgia