State Fiscal Recovery Fund Award Timeline Update
An important updated on the State Fiscal Recovery Fund Award timeline has been posted on the website https://opb.georgia.gov/state-fiscal-recovery-fund.
Office of Health Strategy and Coordination
Per O.C.G.A. Title 31 Chapter 53, OHSC is tasked with sharing healthcare information between state agencies, healthcare providers, and the public, as well as coordinating the state's healthcare system and developing innovative approaches for lowering costs while improving access to quality healthcare. The Georgia All-Payer Claims Database Advisory Committee is also established within OHSC and the Director serves as the Chairman of the Committee.
Director: Grant Thomas
Deputy Director: Melissa Barwick
Legal Counsel: Elizabeth Holcomb
Policy Advisor: Connor Rahbany
Per O.C.G.A. Title 31 Chapter 53, OHSC has the following powers and duties:
- Convening academic and industry experts and state elected and appointed leaders to provide a forum to share information, coordinate the major functions of the state's health care system, and develop innovative approaches for lowering costs while improving access to quality care;
- Serving as a forum for identifying Georgia's specific health issues of greatest concern and promote cooperation from both public and private agencies to test new and innovative ideas;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of previously enacted and ongoing health programs and determining how best to achieve the goals of promoting innovation, competition, cost reduction, and access to care, and improving Georgia's health care system, attracting new providers, and expanding access to services by existing providers;
- Facilitating collaboration between state agencies;
- Evaluating prescription costs and make recommendations to public employee insurance programs, departments, and governmental entities for prescription formulary design and cost reduction strategies;
- Maximizing the effectiveness of existing resources, expertise, and opportunities for improvement;
- Reviewing existing State Health Benefit Plan contracts, Medicaid care management organization contracts, and other contracts entered into by the state for health related services, evaluating proposed revisions to the State Health Benefit Plan, and making recommendations to the Department of Community Health prior to renewing or entering into new contracts;
- Coordinating state health care functions and programs and identifying opportunities to maximize federal funds for health care programs;
- Overseeing collaborative health efforts to ensure efficient use of funds secured at the federal, state, regional, and local levels;
- Evaluating community proposals that identify local needs and formulating local or regional solutions that address state, local, or regional health care gaps;
- Monitoring established agency pilot programs for effectiveness;
- Identify nationally recognized effective evidence based strategies;
- Proposing cost reduction measures;
- Providing a platform for data distribution compiled by the boards, commissions, committees, councils, and offices listed in Code Section 31-53-6; and
- Assessing the health metrics of the state and recommending models for improvement which may include healthy behavior and social determinant models.
OHSC also facilitates the Georgia All-Payer Claims Database Advisory Committee.